Thursday 4 June 2015

Animating the character

Whilst animating my character, I had live feedback from colleagues helping me in animating the scenes. I will discuss what I had done, what was noticed and where I needed to improve on.

First feedback

From my colleagues, they had seen one of my blocked out scenes of my character running into the scene. She had originally skidded in, crouched, and recovered. The comments were that the crouching looked very disgruntled and that she needed to have a better skidding action as she comes in. Looking for reference in this was suggested the most.
The next scene they saw had been perfect and that nothing else needed to be changed about this. The character was thinking and doing a "aha!" action like she had a sudden idea of how to help her friend.
The final scene had the girl showing her friend how to kick the ball. This was commented on that the girl slides too much in the scene and that she needed to actually step backwards. Also, they had commented on the fact that the girl's arm movements also looked wrong in IK. It was acknowledged that I was to use FK for this.

Second feedback

Improving on the first scene, my colleagues had noted that the scene in which the girl skids in and recovers was over the top and that it needed to be less dramatic. Following this advice, I made sure that when the girl pulled herself up, she didn't have a motion that looked as though she broke her back.
My third scene was commented on that the girl when kicking the ball made a uncomfortable stepping motion when aiming to kick the ball. They had commented that she looked as though she was stomping around. I was also advised that the character didn't need to take a step up to the ball, but just make a arc of the leg swing to hit the ball from where she stood.

Taking this feedback on, I had improved the scenes and was ready to render my animation out.

No comments:

Post a Comment