Thursday 4 June 2015

Choosing to animate the scenes

Because there were three people (including myself) in the group, we all decided to animate a character each and chose to animate scenes where the character was most prominent.
Because my character was first, I decided on animating the first scene. I gave the task of the other two scenes to be animated by the others.

The animatic

Below is a gif of the animatic sequence I was intending to animate.

I intended on using a female character because I wanted to express the secondary motion with the ponytail flowing in motion. I had also intended for one of my group mates to use their character in the same scene too, tiring out after running in. The animatic helped me to think about what I wanted to put into my scene and what objects and scenery would affect the staging.
This was a list of objects I needed to include:

Ball
Grass
Sky
Goal post

Creating the scene

One of my group members managed to create a successful scene as I had difficulty using Maya to make one. I had found a way to create grass but the scene had too many grass elements in it and when it came to rendering out a preview image, the computer could not do it and the program crashed.

Lighting 

The lighting in the scene was also made by my group mate. I had trouble of using lights properly in Maya. From past experiences, I have never been able to use lighting correctly and how to control them in an environment. My group mate created a directional light that was pointing downwards onto the scene mimicing a sun light. The light tests are shown below.

This first light test was to see where the light affected the scene. It seems to have cast a nice shadow from the character model.

No comments:

Post a Comment