Thursday 4 June 2015

Putting together the animation

Once all my scenes were animated, I then had to render them out. I had little knowledge of rendering out files in Maya. I had realised that Maya could only render out image sequences that could then be placed in programs that make auto image sequences like Premiere.

I had selected the file to render out as jpeg images that suited the file size to 1080i pixels; this would give the video quality.

I had no trouble whatsoever when rendering out my animation. Learning from my Visual Effects, I knew the process of rendering out to a file location by editing the project imagery directory. It was then helpful for me to then change the preference of what the file names would look like when they rendered. I had named them to be the project name, the numbered frame and the file type.
I set these scenes to render which took as little as an hour to do for each scene.

Once I had the scenes rendered, I imported them as image sequences into Adobe Premiere. Importing them as jpegs alone would not be suitable as each imported image was defaulted to over an frame long.
I then placed all three scenes together and found soundtrack on youtube to use for the animation; finding running on grass sounds, ball hitting the grass sounds, a ding sound, and a ball being kicked sound too. I had added a "Tada" sound at the end for comedy.

During this, I encountered a small problem. I had forgotten to redo the ball in the first scene to bounce in at a slower speed. I stretched the frames out and and rendered them to overlap the previous jpeg images. It worked well but when re-importing them into Premiere, the frames 17-30 were missing the ball moving. It was an unknown error but to fix this, the program was restarted and worked well.

After everything was done, I exported the finished footage as a .MOV file with a H264 codec for quality and compatibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment